M/F: 8AM - 4PM | 한국말로 도와드립니다
7:30AM - 3:30PM
M/F: 8AM - 4PM
7:30AM - 3:30PM
3D Mammography (Digital Breast Tomosynthesis)
3D mammography, also known as breast tomosynthesis, is a groundbreaking and life-saving technology approved by the FDA in February 2011. It enables our radiologists to view inside the breast layer by layer while increasing visibility of fine details by minimizing the appearance of overlapping tissue. During a 3D mammogram, multiple low-dose images known as “slices” of the breast are acquired at different angles. 3D mammography is done in conjunction with conventional 2D mammography and is performed at the same time. With 3D technology, our radiologists can view a mammogram in a way never before possible.
Why 3D Mammography?
- It is the newest, most precise screening tool in the detection of breast cancer.
- It detects abnormalities not detected by traditional mammograms.
- It delivers more detail and accuracy than traditional mammography—providing women with more peace of mind.
- It results in fewer recall rates for our patients, resulting in the reduction of additional testing and patient anxiety.
Bergen Imaging Center is the first freestanding women’s imaging center in Bergen County to install Senographe Pristina*, GE Healthcare’s new breast tomosynthesis solution—a life-saving technology—designed with 3D imaging technology. The Senographe Pristina* breast tomosynthesis system uses the lowest radiation dose of any 3D mammography equipment currently available.
We are committed to delivering the highest-quality care to our patients. Our goal is to make breast tomosynthesis with digital mammography the standard protocol for all women undergoing mammography.
* Trademark of General Electric Company
Senographe Pristina ™ 3D: Product Presentation
Video Credit: GE Healthcare